Search This Blog

Thursday, March 7, 2013

The 45 Day Candle

My grandmother used to use oils of every variety to create light in an emergency. It's one of those things I wish I had paid attention to - you know what I'm talking about.

I never saw her use an entire can of Crisco but I saw her use a Crisco can with "who knows what" in there. And as we all know, it doesn't have to be Crisco per-se. There are other brands as well that can be utilized.

I've been told this lasts for 45 days. I've been told it lasts for 45 hours and I would imagine that it's closer to the latter. But, 
  • in a pinch
  • a hurricane
  • a tornado
  • a black-out
  • you name it
it would be a great item to have! Just be sure to store some string as well.

Thank you to the Resilient Family for their simple instructions!

No comments:

Post a Comment